Thursday, February 09, 2006

the best heartbreak song goes to...

There've been a lot of lovey dovey songs posted out there to set the Valentine's Day mood. But wait... what about the broken-hearted? The jilted? The dumped?

No worries, honey. There are all those sad, heartache, love lost, miserable songs we oh-so-love to hear when we're feeling the blues.

Funny how when we're down and out, we seem to listen to more sad songs about breakups and anguish to help express our situation and our emotions during those turbulent times. I have so many favourites (not that I've been dumped many times, but they just sound so good you even sympathise with someone who'd be in similar position).

Well, without further ado, these are the few songs I've come across which, to me, deserve some credit in making our miserable lives even more miserable yet give us an outlet to pour out our anguish. Oh, there's just too many out there, really; especially since I've not even listed any of the oldies down here. I might even have given the "award" out to a non-so-deserving song. Being fair, you get to throw in your few titles of what you think should be part of this list. So come now, put in your nominations!


Best goodbye, I love you song
I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
And I wish to you, joy and happiness
But above all this, I wish you love
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston


Best goodbye, I hate you song
Cause the joke that you laid on the bed that was me
And I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back
I hope you feel it... well can you feel it
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette


Best I'm in denial song
Dreams last for so long
Even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon I know you will see
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you
You Were Meant For Me - Jewel


Best misled love song
So why do you fill my sorrow
With the words you've borrowed
From the only place you've know
And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you
Why'd you sing with me at all
Delicate - Damien Rice


Best please take me back song
Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away
Un-break My Heart - Toni Braxton


Best Motown heartbreak song
As I walk this land with broken dreams
I have visions of many things
Love's happiness is just an illusion
Filled with sadness and confusion
What Becomes of the Broken-Hearted - Jimmy Ruffin


Best can't forget you song
Your face it dances and it haunts me
Your laughter's still ringing in my ears
I still find pieces of your presence here
Even after all these years
I Just Don't Think I'll Get Over You - Colin Hay


Best wishful thinking song
There must be an angel with a smile on her face
When she thought up that I should be with you
But it's time to face the truth
I will never be with you
You're Beautiful - James Blunt


Best I'm moving on song
One last cry
Before I leave it all behind
I goota put you out of my mind
For the very last time
Stop living a lie
I guess I'm down to my last cry
One Last Cry - Brian McKnight


Best unrequited love song
But I was wrong, so wrong
That was just another song you wrote for another girl
And I hoped the day could be
When you'd write a song for me
But it never came
I thank you all the same
But I'll go now, so you won't know how much I...
Fallen For You - Shiela Nicholls


Oh, the special, Best heartbreak music video goes to...
Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
This one's absolutely brilliant! I can still remember the lyrics, see her face, watch the tear slide down her cheek...


Technorati: