Monday, February 06, 2006

meet the "family"

Oh, wot the heck.

If LB, FantasyFlier, JoMel and Selba could show off their softer sides (literally), I think my scruffies deserve a post all for themselves too.

Ok.


This is Pooch. Say hello, Pooch. *arf!*

He's been with me for the past... (counting)... 9 years. I knew I had to adopt him the moment I laid eyes on the darling canine in Granny May's (yes, there's such a store!) where I was working as a sales assistant in Sydney after completing university. His legs and bottom are laden with beans to keep him nicely grounded.

Being the oldie that he is, he gets top spot on my bed. Well actually, the bed's kinda his domain anyway, but he so generously shares it with two other woofs.


If you hold him up by his tail, he kinda flops down and looks at you with this silly smile. No matter how many times I've adoringly stared at him, turning his head this way and that, the smile never ceased to make my heart melt. It just beckons to me, "Wanna play?"

Oh. Sometimes he gets lazy and flops around like a cute retard. Now, who could resist this? (Ok, maybe it's just me.) He's shared a lot of my tears of late. I hope he hangs around long enough to share more joyous times too.


Then there's Patrick. I can't call him by any other name, since he has it sewn quite nicely on his hind paw, too. Then again, no other name would fit as well - "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." (quote from Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet)


Patrick's a bit of a young 'un. He was lying low on a shelf in Memory Lane at Mid Valley Megamall last month, until I spied him at the back of the many other Patricks and brought him home with me. Why him? I dunno. Must've been his well-balanced looking nose (the others looked kinda weird and lopsided). Who could resist a red canine in the year of the Fire Dog, right?

Sometimes I do rather fancy that all these Patricks came about after they saw Pooch and wanted to be just like him. Notice the similarities in just flopping around and the cute button nose. I'm quite sure they're long lost cousins.


Ah, yes. *Ahem* This is Rolf.

Also newly acquired early this year in January at Plaza Damas. Now you must be thinking, why the name 'Rolf'? Uhhhh... With the red sweater, almost English hound-look and all, how could he not be a 'Rolf'?


He's a rather serious fellow. Look at him. Solemn look on his face, always prim and proper, never a fur out of place. If I'm crazy enough, I could almost hear him speak in his English accent, "And how are you today, miss? Rather fine weather for a walk, I must say..."

(Pssst. Don't ask him about his tail, he gets quite upset when he doesn't have one to wag with.)


I have many other softies stored away in boxes - bear-bear (a Forever Friends bear), theodore (another solemn looking fellow... err, I mean bear), elmo, piglet, many winnie-the-pooh's, tigger, more bears... oh, even a mashimaro from McD's. There's just no space on my bed for them, unfortunately. Even the three pooches have to rest on top of my bags at night; I fear kicking them when I sleep might put them into a bad mood.

I'm really loading up on dogs this year. I need all the best friends I could get.

Oh, one last little fella you must meet.


T.DOG. My guardian canine at the door. He doesn't chew on the furniture. Neat, isn't he?


Technorati: