Saturday, November 26, 2005

bimbo on a bike


This morning, bimbo (that's me) went ber-biking with friends Eric (macho man), Veron and Mel (the chics) at FRIM. Wah, long time no go there! The last time I pedalled through that reserve was… when ah? Got more than one and half months ago leh, beginning of October. Today first time do so much exercise, I so the gung-ho, hor?

Was slightly late there lor, forgot how to pack my bike into my little car already, took so long time. Take out front wheel lah, put down back seat lah, lay out ground sheet for bike lah, mah-fan a bit. What to do, spend money on expensive gadgets and holidays, no dough to buy proper bike rack. Summore I don't go ber-biking that often, a bit waste money lah.

So anyway ya, when I got there, my friends already setting up their bikes liao. So I fast-fast also set up my bike, wear my shoes, put on helmet. But… wei? How come my front wheel squeak wan ah? Like nguek nguek nguek sound. Not very loud lah, but not very healthy sound also. Eric said the bike's brake clamps rubbing against the disc (huh?). Maybe go to Ah Leong's place to get it tuned later.

We took different road leading to the reserve today, not bad also lah. Something like back-road, rather than following all the cars on the main road then only turn left somewhere inside-inside (dunno how to describe that turn off). Better also kwa, less danger of car banging me down before I even start ber-biking in the reserve.

Wahhhh… beginning of the road already mini uphill. Pedal… pedal… pedal… downshift gear… puff… puff… Ok lah, not so bad. Still can get up the small hill no problem. The other two chics with Eric doing quite well also, they first time go ber-biking can do so good already. I remember last time my first day off-road biking, almost died liao. End up pushing bike half the time. Cheh.

By the time get to the turn off from tar road into not tar road (haiya, off-road lah), my legs already tired a bit. If continue like this, maybe no need to go gym tomorrow. Pedal summore… nguek… nguek… nguek… eh, the sound getting damn irritating leh. Nemind, pedal faster, maybe sound cannot hear after that.

In half an hour we all reach that open area where got road going up Steroid Hill, Sungai Buloh, and some other place on the left. So? Want to go Sungai Buloh or not? Eric said, “Come, let’s go. Plenty of time left.” So we go lor. By that time my legs can feel tired already, but I kiasu a bit, so said go mai go lah.

Whee! Trail to Sungai Buloh a lot downhill one. Fly damn cow fast if you want to, but if not careful can skid and really fly also lah. Today I chicken a bit, jammed my breaks a lot because got fallen logs on trail, I scared langgar nanti then really fly like superwoman also not good leh.

After all of us were at the bottom of the downhill already, we rested for awhile. Going back uphill no joke, man. But like I said, today I damn gung-ho so I decided just kayuh all the way up only lah! Sure can do one. Cannot, then push bike lor. Rest enough already, we all start going back uphill.

Macho man went first, he damn power. Can pedal all the way up (or maybe he push also I dunno, since he faster than me, I cannot see if he cheat or not). I put the smallest gear (same concept like car) and started doing the hamster run. Not really run lah, but pedal fast-fast that look like hamster running only.

Puff... puff... wheeze! (Heavy breathing)… nguek… nguek… nguek… Aiyo, my thighs damn tired, very the pain already! Push lah, push lah! So… I got down and pushed. Haiya. Thought today can finish uphill but no power already. At least got cycle ¾ uphill quite good also. No more gung-ho after this. And definitely no need go gym tomorrow.

After finish uphill, we faster-faster go back ‘cos look like going to rain. Good timing also lah - when we got back to the car park, lepak a bit, drink coca-cola a bit, started to drizzle already. We - macho man, two chicks and a bimbo (that’s me) - did pretty well today, under 2 hours of torture.

Got go Ah Leong’s place to get my bike brake clamps tuned after that, but haiya, I saw some nice Shimano Visente eyewear for ber-biking, and nice Fox jersey too. Ooh! Bimbo a.k.a. shop-a-holic could not tahan. I had to get them!!! But haiya, didn't bring my credit card out. (There was a reason why I didn't, and now you know why.) But… but… haiya, I said to Ah Leong, you keep first, afterwards I come back to get from you ok? (Must go home and calculate budget. No budget also buy anyway.)

Now, 5 hours after ber-biking, my legs so damn tired man! Thighs like perpetually cramped, cannot walk for long, must always sit down, sit down already legs feel cramped so have to stand again. Summore tonight got dinner outside, drive manual car. Haiya.

Ok folks, this bimbo’s gotta go get ready already.

And buy the nice Shimano Visente and Fox jersey.

Yippee!