Tuesday, November 22, 2005

the hamster run


Why do you exercise?
  1. To be fitter and healthier
  2. It makes your body look good
  3. Everyone else is doing it
  4. You’re bored and you need to fill your time with something
  5. All of the above
I am #5. This morning I woke up at an ungodly hour and trudged to the gym just downstairs of the office building. I used to be able to do it with no problems, but after more than 3 weeks of ambling around without any activity that required my heart to pump at 151 beats per minute, it was almost a chore. Get up, you lazy fat arse!

When I reached the gym I realised I’d forgot to pack in a small gym towel. Haiya. Gotta look damn unglamorous with sweat dripping down my face later. I resorted to folding 4 pieces of 2-ply facial tissue together to do the mopping job, and pray that it doesn’t roll into little bits and cling onto my face, hair, etc.

So. Onto the treadmill I went. After 21:18 minutes of unceremonious running, my legs decided to protest and my lungs were… well, they weren’t really short of breath but they could use a break. Stop? Don’t stop? Ahhh… let’s not push it on the first day back! At least I got my little dose of endorphins that’ll help keep my brain comfortably numb for the rest of the day (and if they run out, just replace with coffee).

Time for a double-cheese toast and cappuccino…

Tee-hee!