Thursday, November 17, 2005

kopi, I lap you...


Hooray!

I think I can safely announce that I’m 95% cured of my jetlag and insomnia. All the lethargic days and sleepless nights have now been set right with an early tumble into bed at 10:37PM last night. Can’t say it was totally undisturbed and dreamless, ada-lah skit gangguan from the pesky mosquito, but it was a gooooooooood rest.

Oh yes…

And I have to thank coffee for keeping me sane the past few days at work. Despite my semi-high intolerance to caffeine – it usually zings me up for at least 8 hours per cup – I was going about the day very sluggishly even after downing hot giant mugs of that substance. Yesterday was the worst, with one cup regular, one decaf, and one regular + decaf mix (even my colleagues were banning me from the coffee jars). And I was still falling asleep at the wheel driving home. Hmm, I wonder if I'm cured of of this intolerance?

I used to be sorta addicted to caffeine too. If I didn’t have a cuppa by midday every day, I’d get a massive migraine by mid-afternoon and a very bad temper to go with it. I decided not to be dependent on the pick-me-up perk and switched to decaf for about a month, before going totally without my daily fix and proclaimed to be “caffeine free”.

That lasted for 2 years.

Now…

A couple teaspoonfuls of coffee (instant-lah, takde brewer sini)…
A teaspoonful of sugar to taste…
Milk with a hint of vanilla essence…

There’s no sweeter substance that nourishes the pangs of warmth and good lovin’.

Kopi, kopi… Don’t ever let anyone make me leave you again.

*MMUUUAAAHHH*!!!