Saturday, November 05, 2005

eye in the sky

Woke up this morning feeling the blues. Strange yet not surprising that I should be back to my moody self while on holiday, especially since I had a good yesterday at the gardens and concert. Despite it being sunny outside, it didn’t quite lift the gloom that was hanging above my head.

Hmmm.
10 minutes. That’s how long I allowed it to brew before I gave myself a mental kick in the arse and got out of the house.


Cheryl and I went on board the London Eye to have a 360º view of the city. The long queue surprisingly cleared very fast, and within the hour we were on board the bubble going up and around.


The ride was supposed to last for 30 minutes, but it felt much faster than that. Boarding and getting off the ride could be a bit tricky – the wheel doesn’t stop turning, and you kind of have to keep walking toward the turning direction to get into the bubble.


The view was quite spectacular all around. Some landmarks stood out clearly – St Paul’s, Shell House, Parliament, Big Ben, BT Tower, Swiss Headquarters, Waterloo Station… as far as the eye could see.


Spent the rest of the day boot-hunting and shopping around before adjourning to Chinatown’s C&R for dinner with Kim-Mi and Heng. I was quite amused with the variety they had on their menu, very typical Malaysian dishes like nasi lemak, kangkung belacan, Chinese-style noodles, even herbal tea. It definitely doesn’t quite match up to the “real thing”, but close enough to satisfy the occasional cravings for Malaysian food.

Dead tired by the time we got home… at least my brain’s kinda dead too.

Comfortably numb.