Tuesday, January 10, 2006

girls' day out

Today is Hari Raya Qurban (Selamat Eid ul-Adha, dear friends!), and thus a public holiday for Malaysia. I spent some time catching up with a couple of close girlfriends whom I've known for at least 8 years... Wow, has it been that long? We started out as colleagues in an accounting firm, then one by one we moved on to do different things. Despite the different paths we've taken, we still enjoy an occasional eat out together with a few other friends, catch up on Yahoo IM, lengthy e-mails that tell stories from beginning to end... you get the picture.

Having read Boo's review on Jushi on Masak-Masak, we decided to give it a try and get our share of juices + sushi.

Cheryl had already been here a few times with her sister, but was still keen on indulging in her select favourites. She oredered the Agadeshi Tofu and, if I'm not mistaken, the Cali Hoso Maki.



Jo picked the California Roll and the Chicken Ramen.



I decided on the Spider Maki and Yaki Soba.



Oh yes, we ordered their juices too but silly me forgot to take down the names of the concoctions. No matter, they were absolutely refreshing!


Verdict: Nice Nice Nice! They were all nicely presented, reasonably priced but unfortunately they didn't issue the 10% discount card anymore. It seemed that they stopped giving those out a couple of weeks ago... sigh. Oh well, still worth the visit for a nice Japanese meal and hearty, healthy, thirst-quenching juices. Oh, the captain even asked if we came because we read Masak-Masak... fooiyoh! Boo, your blog is infamous! I did say that I'd read it on one of your posts, and he seemed mightly pleased. *grins*

Jo had to do some work after our lunch date and headed off, while Cheryl and I went down to a hair saloon called Monsoon-id since she wanted to get her hair coloured and highlighted. The process would take a couple of hours, so after helping her pick out the reds, I went walking around the shopping mall to see what else there is.

Maybe it's because it's a public holiday, but there weren't a lot of shoppers around. Some of the shops were closed or still under construction. Nothing spectacular, although I did spot some boutiques which I think I'll visit at another time. And ooh, they have a shop that stocks Apple goods here! Not sure if they're part of MacAsia or Mac Studio, but doesn't matter, it's what they sell that counts. *bigger grin*

After just under an hour of wandering around, I went back to check on how Cheryl's head of hair was coming along. The stylist was still in the midst of doing the first colour. I contemplated doing a treatment for my very attention-depraved hair, but decided to scoot early before my parking fee became more expensive than my lunch. Just as I was about to leave... the stylist told me that it's a flat RM1 during public holidays. Oooh! I just had to do my hair as well then!

The same stylist (named Abby, by the way) did the hair treatment for me whilst Cheryl was attended by another for the second colour. I also got a hair trim and a bit of "ironing" with straightening thongs like how it is when hair is rebonded.

The results:


Ta-daaaahhhh! (Oh, I'm on your left, my right.) Ok, for those who have seen me "before", do you think the "after" picture looks better? Now I'm itching to do a re-bond again... Vain, vain me... *teehee*!

I'm sure after a couple of days my hair would go back to it's wavy self... *sigh resignedly*


Technorati: ,