Wednesday, December 28, 2005

short takes 28.12.05

It's only 3 days to 2006. I've decided not to make any new-year resolutions, because if there were any to be made at all, I would've done it a long time ago. Besides, why wait till the new year to start one; now's a good time as any.


Managed to do 6.5 things out of my to-do list before the year is out. #6 depends on the Client; chances are it'll be 2006 before we're done. I'm still deciding which pair of shoes to throw out for #7, and only 1 book was finished for #9 (thus the half). #10 is a perpetual task that'll never end.


Finally sold my apartment, though it's less than its worth in today's market. Bad timing, but I didn't want to wait any longer.


My relatives are up from Oz for a short holiday. I feel bad for trying to avoid meeting up with them but I'm not one for small talk. I'll let my parents handle the social obligation ritual.


Yahoo and MSN Messenger decided not to co-exist peacefully anymore in my laptop on the office network. Either one works or the other, not both concurrently. The only time they make peace and are simultaneously online is at home on broadband.


I have a vanilla-scented candle burning in my room at the moment. I adore the smell of vanilla or anything remotely close to it, like Christian Dior's Hypnotic Poison. It's a scent that makes me feel... mmmmmm.


Bought myself a 200GB portable hard disk drive after months of griping about lack of disk space. Now that I have loads to spare, I don't know what to put in it besides my video files and tunes.


I read in some feng shui book that carrying a red canine around with me will be good luck in the Year of the Dog come 2006. Now almost everywhere I go, a miniature Patrick keychain comes along with me.


Sharpening pencils are therapeutic.


I love it when you look me up for a quick chat. I want to hug you but you're so far away.


Technorati: ,