Monday, September 19, 2005

a letter

Dear Little-Miss-Trouble-Hearted,

I know it’s been a hard pill to swallow. All the uncertainty, the hesitation, the what-if’s are clouding your mind and judgement.

The distraction from work is really not doing me any good – I have project deadlines to meet, homework to do and things to take care of before the weekend arrives. Let’s not screw up and get fired.

Stop looking at the phone for messages that you’ll never receive.
Stop staring at the screen for chats that’ll never take place.
Stop checking your inbox for mails that’ll never arrive.

Let’s make a deal –- let me take charge for the next few days and get things done by Thursday. Friday onwards you can mope and lament however much you want, and then it’s back to me by Monday. We’ll take turns, me on weekdays and you on weekends, how about that?

And hopefully… this won’t last for long. There’s only so much one can take, and I can’t wait forever.

Sincerely,
Little-Miss-Gotta-Move-On

Ouch.