Thursday, October 06, 2005

just gotta do it

My internal alarm woke me up at 6:06 a.m. this morning. Friggin’ 1 hour earlier than my usual. I tried to shut my brain down again for a few minutes but it didn’t work. Heck with it…

I got up.

Turned on my table lamp and started up my computer. My eyes were bleary but my mind’s abuzz. I squinted at my screen… A quick chat with a friend who’s just going off to bed on the other side of the world… Checked what’s on the news… Picked out a few favourite blogs to read…

Interestingly one of them had this “Three Question Personality Test” posted on it. Hmm. We’ve all come across numerous of these “tests” that throw out many questions, have some weighted scores tied behind each of the responses, mumble jumble and ta-dahhh… some answer about your personality comes up. Sometimes they’re generic enough to cover just about every basic or common personality traits everyone has. Sometimes… they’re friggin’ close to the truth. And more often than not, we take these tests to:

  1. Affirm what we already know about ourselves
  2. Affirm what we already know but try to deny about ourselves
  3. Desperately find another weird trait about ourselves and either believe it or don’t
  4. Pass the time away

So…
3 questions, right? Easy-peasy.


Your Personality Is
Guardian (SJ)

You are sensible, down to earth, and goal oriented. Bottom line, you are good at playing by the rules.

You tend to be dominant - and you are a natural leader. You are interested in rules and order. Morals are important to you.

A hard worker, you give your all at whatever you do. You're very serious, and people often tell you to lighten up.

In love, you tend to take things carefully and slowly.

At work, you are suited to almost any career - but you excel in leadership positions.

With others, you tend to be polite and formal.

As far as looks go, you are traditionally attractive. You take good care of yourself.

On weekends, you tend to like to do organized activities. In fact, you often organize them!

No shit, Sherlock.