Friday, October 28, 2005

it takes 2


Did I say something wrong?
I'm sorry. It's hard to know what to say sometimes when you don't say anything in return. I didn't mean to sound patronizing. Only wanted to help where I could, to give suggestions or to seek ways in cheering you up and making you feel better.


Did I do something bad?
I'm sorry. I didn’t realise my actions would've made you turn the other way or made you annoyed. I apologise for giving you reasons to avoid me. I had no intention of trying to run your life or fix your problems. Just wanted to be there for you.


Am I being paranoid?
I'm sorry. I could only do so much to control my emotions based on guesswork. I can't read minds, much as I'd like to so I won't fumble and say or do the wrong things. Forgive me if I seemed a little off when I felt emotionally drained and worried, wondering if you're ok.


Was I meant to be your chew toy?
I'm sorry. It didn't dawn on me that I was only there to help pass the time away when you needed a distraction. Thought I'd mattered a little in your life no matter when, even on your busiest of days. My fault for letting my hopes and assumptions cause me this misfortune.


It takes 2 to communicate.
To bond.
To share.


I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was doing it alone.