Thursday, December 15, 2005

before the year is out


Only 16 days left. Where did the year go?
Ten things I want to do before 2006 is finally at our doorstep:

#1 - Sell my apartment. Haven't had any luck lately in finding a reasonable buyer, and it's been out on the market for the past 2.5 months. Might be able to close no-loss-but-no-gain deal next week, depending on my luck.

#2 - Sort out my finances. So many bills to pay, so little money to go around... sigh.

#3 - Go out for a last bike ride somewhere, be it FRIM or RRI, or even if it means letting my friend talk me into another dreaded bike hash which I so dislike.

#4 - Buy a gift for a random person. Oh wait, we're doing that already for our company's Christmas party. I'll make it a very nice gift then, maybe something from Ikea. No chocolates or biscuits.

#5 - Bake something for my colleagues. I'm going to (force) feed them with my failed marshmallow brownies tomorrow, I'd better make up for it and cook up something more acceptably edible.

#6 - Finish a project at work which has been pending for the past 3 months. I want to be able to end the year a little more satisfied and a little less stressed.

#7 - Throw out at least 1 pair of shoes, 2 if I could find the heart to let go of the comfortable but tattered ones. I really need to lead a less cluttered life, and getting rid of shoes seems like a reasonable (re)start in getting organised.

#8 - Send out Christmas cards. They're going to be late to their recipients, but better late than never.

#9 - Finish reading 2 books.

#10 - Talk to you, and you, and you. I haven't been doing that enough, I apologise. Hope we'll communicate better in days to come.


And what're your 10 things to do before the year is out?