Monday, December 12, 2005

short takes 12.12.05

My mind is all over the place. I hate it when that happens.


A few friends of mine have already planned their holidays for next year. Mount Kinabalu, Chiangmai, Sipadan. My plans are not to have any holidays. I can't afford to.


I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt that an ex-colleague fell through the very narrow space in a spiralling stairwell, knocking himself on the railings as he plunged down. He was alive but unconscious. I woke up feeling disturbed. I don't know what it meant. I should classify it as a nightmare.


Ways to blow RM104.19 in a day.
- Lunch with mum: RM43.70
- Batteries for 5 watches: RM40.00
- Parking: RM4.00
- Gift purchase: RM9.90
- Jell-O lemon gelatin: RM6.59
And another RM42.40 on credit for adaptors and a lock for the house.


I can't decide whether to buy a hard disk drive or an external DVD writer. Maybe I won't get any till next year. I might never get around to buying that iBook either till January 2006 rolls around and see if any of the "mactel" launch rumours are true.


Recent book purchases:
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
- Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
I've not started on any of them. Still on the first few pages of The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom which I bought months ago. Truth is, my reading habit has slowed down immensely since I've got broadband installed. That's such a lame excuse.


I still have not replaced my spoiled DVD player with a new cheap-o one. Why buy when you can download. And I hardly watch the movies and TV series I download anyway.


Sometimes I feel guilty for not taking any interest in politics, business or what's going on in the world today. I feel like a small 5-year-old child when people around me talk about current issues and I know nothing about them. When big names are mentioned I pretend to know but I really don't. And sometimes... I just don't care. Maybe ignorance is bliss.


According to feng shui, I should have a pretty good year 2006. Don't know why, but I'm not really looking forward to it.


I miss my late uncle. I wish I knew him better.