Thursday, October 13, 2005

10 wishes


Things haven’t gone right lately. Ok, maybe not “right”… Let me rephrase that – things haven’t gone “good” lately. Maybe it’s because this year my eyes have been opened a little wider, my senses a little more in tuned to those around me. Or maybe it’s just turning the next-tick-box age which made me a little more mellow, more empathetic, more… like that lah.

So today… it’ll be a day of wishes. Anything I’d like to wish for, but not for me. If I had 10 wishes… I’d wish for…

  1. …my Mom to recover from her ailments that are keeping her from truly enjoying her prime years, and not worry so much about her health.
  2. …my friend who had just started a new life far, far away… a mended and healed heart with courage to love once more.
  3. …my two friends, also incidentally in the same far, far away place… to find what you’re searching for, peace in your troubled minds and your worries to ease. And much, much needed sleep.
  4. …my cousin to find happiness neither based on age nor status, but based on what’s in her heart and soul.
  5. …my old schoolmate who is feeling stressed over being a new mother… to recover from the blues, enjoy motherhood and for her baby to be in the pinkest of health.
  6. …Dad’s late-scoutmaster / headmaster / teacher / friend – may he rest in peace and always in loving memory.
  7. …my chum who’s struggling to decide whether to tell or not to tell… the guts to tell. It’ll lift a big burden off your shoulders.
  8. …an acquaintance whom I’ve the pleasure of knowing briefly a few years ago… to have the child you’ve been hoping for.
  9. …those whom I’ve just met and seem to have been hurt in love… not to give up hope. There will be someone who will bring a smile to your face and that warm fuzzy feeling to your heart.
  10. …all who’re reading this, and badly need a wish to heal your hurt or erase your worries… to have your heart’s deepest desire.


Looks like grey skies today.
Then again… there’s always that silver lining to look forward to.