Friday, December 23, 2005

my wish for you


My dearest reader,

Thank you for coming, be you a first-time visitor or a returning regular. It'll be Christmas in a couple of days, and the New Year is just around the corner. Made a list of resolutions yet?

I've been reflecting on the past year, what has happened, and what has not. Every year I think, "This has got to be the best and funkiest year ever!" This year... no. It's been a hard, long period for me, for a lot of my friends, probably for a lot of you. Many changes, many moves. Tough choices that made us wonder we made the right calls, hard decisions which broke our spirits, yet we've survived through them.

It's been a tough year, hasn't it? It certainly was for me. Looking back at my posts, I'm startled yet not surprised at how erratic my behaviour has been over the last few months. My life this year has been affected not only by my own decisions, but also by the people around me. More and more have moved or are moving away, starting new chapters in their lives. So much movement, so much confusion, heartaches, trials and tribulations faced by my family, my friends, more so myself.

Through it all, there's always someone saying a silent prayer for us, hoping for our sakes that we'd live through it and make us stronger, better. We know for a fact that there's always someone looking out for us. Thank you for looking out for me. I'd like to return that favour to you, who've thought of me, who've given me the encouragement and support through it all. Know that even if you've fleetingly crossed my path, you've made a difference.

So my dears,

This is my wish to you.

I sincerely wish, that no matter what it is that'll make you happy, contented and at peace with yourself...

Be it to pick up the pieces of your life, win the battles that rage within you...

Be it a new beau, someone to love and care for, and someone who'll love you unconditionally in return...

Be it a new job, a new challenge that'll finally get you on your way...

Be it a financial relief from long overdue debts...

Be it a spiritual pilgrimage to find your inner self...

Be it the help from people who are more than willing to get you back on your feet...

Be it better health and recovery from a bad illness...

Be it the completion of a task, a job, a target you had set out to achieve...

Be it the realisation that despite all that's happened, life has more to offer if you open your eyes and your heart to embrace its gift...

Be it the very simple desire to enjoy what you have right now because life couldn't be better for you already...

Anything.

I wish it would come true for you.

Merry Christmas.



Technorati: ,