Saturday, January 14, 2006

a scene from satc

I've never been to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf cafe at 10AM before. My girl friends and I wanted one last meet before Cheryl had to fly off to London in a couple of days, and Jaclyn was back from Taiwan but will be gone again in April. Jo and I met up with the girls at the Sri Hartamas outlet.


When I arrived, Cheryl was already tucking into their tuna pasta. I had the Big-O Breakie (I think that's what it’s called, I wasn't quite paying attention), and so did Jac and Jo. We polished off breakfast relatively quickly - hey, even girls have ravenous appetites to satisfy.

We spent the next couple of hours talking about everything and anything, as most girls would - families, kids, boyfriends (or lack thereof), ex-boyfriends, husbands, other friends, gadgets (yes, we do!), coffee, tenants, whatever.

A thought hit me and an amused, lop-sided smile crossed my lips. I leaned over to Jo and said, "Hey... doesn't this look like a scene from Sex and the City?"

Jo laughed and agreed whole-heartedly.


I'll miss these scenes.

Even more so when...

...it's time for me to go.


Technorati: , ,