Friday, January 13, 2006

short takes 13.01.06

My mind's a little lost today. I'm relieved the weekend has arrived; I don't have to think so much.

I installed Yahoo Widgets on my laptop a couple of days ago, but my Yahoo and MSN Messenger services went kaput, and everything slowed down. I had to uninstall and continue my technical life's existence without the Widgets for now. Yes LB, I need a Mac.

Yet another bad driver on the road today reminded me what a waste it would be for someone to die in a car accident. Please, please drive carefully. It's really better arriving late than never.

I love the shortbread my mum made. Just melts in your mouth.

It's a little over 2 weeks till Chinese New Year. This may sound ungrateful, but... I would like peace and quiet in the house for a change, instead of having my relatives over for 3 nights in a row. But that's not gonna happen. Wishful thinking.

I'm stocking up on my lucky charms for the year - I've bought yet another stuffed toy dog on Tuesday. It wears a red sweater. I've named him Rolf.

I'm at a loss as to what to bake this weekend. Maybe I'll give it a miss and watch some downloaded movie instead.

The last of the good coffee is gone. I'm now surviving on Old Town White Coffee sachets, and occasionally Nescafe's Cafe Menu Cappuccino. I need to pick up some regular coffee powder again, or try brewing some with my new KAFFE coffee maker. Then again... too much effort. I'll stick to instant coffee powder for now.

I haven't been reading the local news. I only subscribe to online news feeds from the bigger sites. Is that a crime?

I hope you get through today okay. Happy Birthday.


Technorati: ,