Thursday, February 16, 2006

old is gold

Busy, busy, busy!

That's my week at work. I haven't had much time to really mull on what to write, so here's a filler post, sort of. Tagged by Selba, it's (almost) quite easy... Oh hang on, I still need to dig my 1980s and 1990s memory bank for the answers! And because I'm such an old fogy, I've named more than just 1 for some of them... ha-ha!


Name a(n)...

1. Actor of the Old Days that you missed the most
Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains), Michael J. Fox (Family Ties), Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Houser, MD)


2. Cartoon of the Old Days
Thundercats, He-Man, She-Ra, Transformers, Care Bears, My Little Pony... (Ackkk!!! They're flooding my mind as I write this!)


3. Singer/group of the Old Days
Phil Collins, Gloria Estefan, Duran Duran, Peter Cetera, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD)


4. Band of the Old Days
Toto, Chicago, Miami Sound Machine


5.TV Series of the old days
MacGuyver (loved all that DIY moments!), Knight Rider (can't believe I found David Hasselhoff dashing at that time), The A-Team, Greatest American Hero, Airwolf (wasn't Jan Michael Vincent so, so gorgeous?), The Equalizer, Family Ties, Full House, Alf, Three's Company... haiya, the list will never end!


6. Actress of the Old Days
Justine Bateman (Family Ties). I didn't like any one else much. I'm also too lazy to think right now.


7. Fashion of the Old Days that you miss the most
Well, let's see... there were those huge shoulder pads, big frizzy hair, denim jackets, lots of cheap bling, hoop earrings... nah, don't think I'll miss any!


8. Movie of the Old Days
I didn't watch that many movies when I was young. A lot of movie-length cartoons though. Hmmmm... does Secret of Nymph count? And The Rescuers? And The Black Cauldron? And An American Tail?


9. Music Video of the Old Days
True Blue (Madonna), Rio (Duran Duran)


10. Coolest Song of the Old Days
Don't get me started. I can list out so many from my iPod playlist. But just to humour you, one from my top love songs list... "Eternal Flame" - The Bangles. And "If You Leave" - OMD. And a few hundred more.


Phew!


Technorati: