Sunday, October 23, 2005

Top 5

Ever watched the movie High Fidelity? One of my favourites with John Cusack. I think it was after this movie that I'd really taken a liking to this actor, and started catching the other flicks he was in - Runaway Jury, Serendipity, Being John Malkovich. Lots more to go which I haven’t seen, might get them later from Uncle DVD at Sungei Wang…


Ok, back to High Fidelity. Did I mention I loved the movie? Some said the book (by Nick Hornby) was better, and the original story took place in the UK instead of America. Hmmm. Bought and read the book. Loved the book! IMHO… both the book and the movie are striking in its own ways, and complemented one another.

The highlight of the story is probably his great Top 5 lists. Yea, you could guess where I’m going next with this post, ha-ha! Nah, I can’t do all of the top 5s. I’ll attempt only the 5 that make sense to me (can’t do “Top 5 floor-fillers at the Groucho” for sure). Most of it done on the spur of the moment depending on my musical mood; so would probably change my mind a few months from now.

...Top 5 side one track ones
  1. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen, Greatest Hits Volume 1
  2. Delicate – Damien Rice, O
  3. All I Really Want – Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill
  4. A Thousand Years – Sting, Brand New Day
  5. You And I Both – Jason Mraz, Waiting For My Rocket To Come

…Top 5 records (not vinyl lah. Let's just say albums)

  1. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette
  2. O, Damien Rice (you can tell I’m a great fan of his)
  3. Fields of Gold: The Best of Sting 1984 – 1994, Sting
  4. The Best of 1980 – 1990, U2
  5. X&Y – Coldplay
...Top 5 dream jobs

  1. Owner of a 5-star resort at Bora-Bora, so I don’t have to think of where to go for a holiday
  2. Tai-Tai of a multi-millionaire (hey, it’s a job to keep the Tai-Tai status!)
  3. Eternal bum with fixed income of at least $10,000 a month
  4. Some rock star or musician
  5. Shareholder of billion-dollar businesses that’ll never go bankrupt

...Top 5 songs about death
Hmmm. Never really paid attention to those. How about Top 5 songs for a miserable night (those on my iPod’s playlist at the moment):

  1. Delicate – Damien Rice
  2. Everybody Hurts – R.E.M.
  3. You’re Beautiful – James Blunt
  4. The Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice
  5. Waiting In Vain – Annie Lennox

Finally,

...Desert-island, all-time, top 5 most memorable split-ups, in chronological order
Uhhh… I don’t have the numbers to fill, ha-ha! Ok, I’ll replace it with one requested by the Codger, top 5 fetishes. I don’t have any in particular, really. But if you insist, I’d say…

  1. Hands
  2. Hair (on the head! No hairy chest, please.)
  3. Err… eyes + eyebrows
  4. Ears
  5. Uhmmmm… Nah. Too embarrassing.

____________________


Side post – read something on Friendster that made my heart skip a few nano-beats. Isshhh. I’d better stop stalking to prevent further palpitations.