Tuesday, October 18, 2005

7 baddies

I’d originally wanted to post a different topic for #7.  Except today I had such a comically bad day, just had to move that one to a different slot.  No, seriously.  This is purely coincidental.  Or maybe I just found 7 things to gripe about which made up the right number.

The office had no line again today.  No Internet connection till late evening.  By that time our uploads were delayed, clients couldn’t get into sites hosted on our server for reports, emails were clogged up with items flagged “urgent”.  I had to spend friggin’ $$ downstairs at Starbucks for an iced latte just to get wi-fi connection (not thick-skinned enough to surf for free).

On days like these I wish I was Donald Trump and able to say “you’re fired!” to this co-worker who’s been giving me (and other colleagues) unnecessary stress.  Unfinished fixes, sloppy work… and the site’s due for client review tomorrow morning.  I don’t want to rant about it here, but let’s just say it’s the same person I wanted to murder yesterday.

Most people were gone from the office by 7p.m.  Suffering from a hungry growling tummy and a bad mood from baddie #2 above, I still had some documents to print and collate before I could call it a day (or night by then).  Yes, bad luck persevered.  The printer had to give me hell for about half an hour, flashing out printing error messages on my screen each time I sent a document to the queue.  Turns out the toner cartridge wasn’t set right and I had to be the maintenance woman, opening its many little compartments trying fix it.

Traffic was still bunged up near the office.  Decided to take an unknown short cut and see if I could get onto the highway with minimal congestion.  Turned into dead-ends TWICE.  And I was low on fuel.  Ironically Daniel Powter’s “Bad Day” was on the radio at that very moment.

The clothes rail behind my door came loose and fell on me.  I’m still trying to figure out how the heck that’d happened.  Closed the door and whack! right on my head.

For the third week in a row, I missed Mandarin class.  Had to call my tutor and tell her what I’ve wanted to do for quite a long time now… I quit.

A fish (from our aquarium) died today.  Not related to me, but I take that as a bad occurrence anyway.


Complain, complain, complain. Best-nya, hari ni.