Monday, April 10, 2006

torta cinzia revisited

My curiosity got the better of me.

Ok, make that... my anal-ness got the better of me.

I just had to try out Torta Cinzia again and see if baking powder (instead of baking soda) would make the difference.

And guess what?

It did!

"Lievito" is baking powder!


When baked, the cake rised at it should've, instead of remaining flat like my previous attempt. It's less compact, more fluff, with just the right amount of moisture and softness.


I also changed the recipe just a tad - instead of using half a cup of plain water, I used the water from which I soaked the sultanas in, so the cake would retain some of the sultana sweetness.

It's a definite yum-yum-two-very-enthusiastic-thumbs up this time around!

For the original recipe, visit my Wanna Sultana Cake post.


*munch munch munch*
*sigh*

Bliss.


Technorati: ,