Saturday, February 18, 2006

unanswered questions part II

Here's the second set of answers to...

...questions from Fantasyflier:

What are the top five countries you’ve visited?
I haven't been to many places, to be honest. If it were countries, then it'd be Australia, England, Singapore, Hong Kong, China. As for cities or towns, then it would be Kuala Lumpur (I think it deserves a spot here!), Sydney, London, Singapore, Manila.

What's your favourite place to visit more than once?
Ipoh, where I could visit my friends, eat Ipoh “hor fun”, drink "pak kopi" (white coffee), and munch on kaya on toasted hainan-style bread.

What five things do you still have, bought from the places you visited?
Pooch from Sydney,
iPod from Singapore,
Cartoon cookie tins from Phuket,
Leather coin wallet from Manila,
Muji scented candle from London.

What five places do you want to visit before you croak?
Trek up Annapurna in Nepal, see the Angkor Wat in Cambodia, enjoy the breathtaking scenery in New Zealand, maybe a visit to Brazil, and if I strike it rich, definitely Bora Bora.

What is the most memorable place you’ve ever been to, good and bad?
Good - Diving in Sipadan. Such magnificent beauty beneath the ocean is definitely the best experience so far, with those jacks, barracudas, nudibranches, turtles and so, so very much more. Of course, every other place I've visited each carry a special memory.

Bad - I haven't had a bad experience in any of my travels. Small hiccups, maybe. Nothing that I would make me vow never to go to that place again.


...questions from JoMel:

Why do you describe yourself as:
1. Cheeky?
I can be cheeky sometimes when it's least expected (and at times I surprise even myself!). I don't do it often, and only to my close friends and family where I'm able to boldly tease without getting into trouble!

2. Weird?
I think I'm a qualified weirdo since I eat durian with a spoon on a plate. And I still talk to my stuffed toys, especially my three woofs. On the most insane days, I talk to my imaginary friend whomever that may be. Sometimes it could even be the Queen of England.

3. Melancholic?
I tend to get mood swings every once in awhile. Generally an emotional person, although I try not to scare people away by (unsuccessfully) trying to hide it a bit. I'm often affected by things I see, hear or read about. Sometimes it just strikes out of the blue, that one moment where I suddenly find myself in the depths of melancholy.


...questions from Simple American:

What uni did you attend?
I attended the University of Technology, Sydney. It was a twinning programme, which meant that I did 3 semesters (1.5 years) here in a local college, and another 3 semesters in Sydney itself.

What major field of study?
I'm a Bachelor of Business graduate, with combined major in Accounting & Finance. I've forgotten how to balance the accounts now.

First job out of college?
An Associate Consultant in Computer Assurance Services for (then) Coopers & Lybrand, which subsequently merged with Price Waterhouse to become PricewaterhouseCoopers. Why did I take on something that's totally not in my field of study? I don't know. I just decided to take the jump, and haven't regretted my move. Oddly enough, I didn't know scratch about computers when I started except how to chat on IRC and send e-mails. I struggled for about 3 months trying to understand the basics - the difference between an operating system and an application, learning about security controls, what computer operations entail, etc. I still can't do any programming, but at least I'm ok in HTML.

If you could redo one thing in your life what would that be?
I don't know. Probably nothing. If I did re-do something in my life, I wouldn't be where I am now. And where I am is pretty good, a blessing compared to the less fortunate. (Ok, maybe I wouldn't have played "wheelbarrow" with my brother when I was 8, so I wouldn't have a broken front tooth followed by multiple visits to the dentist for the next 4 years.)

Why don't you smack those boys when they call you an old woman?
Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. I just need to give them the stare of death the next time I see them. They know they have it coming.

When are you coming to Texas?
Are you inviting me to stay? I wouldn't mind if a sugar daddy offers to sponsor my trip! But seriously, I'd love to visit the US someday.


* * *


If you're wondering what this post is about, it's a follow up for an invite I did here. Feel free to ask. Q&A session closes on Sunday, 5 p.m.


Technorati: