Friday, February 24, 2006

almost famous

Simple American made his first tag on me with this meme.

Here is how the meme works. Let’s say you are in an alternate universe. One almost exactly like this one, except perhaps you NEVER ever met your significant other. You are a single guy or gal without a any current relationship, and you have just published a New York Times bestseller. A movie studio brought you to Hollywood to talk about a movie deal for three days, and as part of the wooing process they offer to host a one-on-one dinner each night with the celebrity of your choice. Who would you pick? It could be a star you want to have a shot at “hooking up” with, or it could just be someone you admire.

Day One:
Steven Spielberg. If I'm gonna get someone to direct my movie, it'd better be an Oscar-winning director, right? I'd ask him to spiff it up where a little on-screen magic is required, with all those special effects his production team could whip up. Even if my story doesn't need any of those fancy-schmancy stuff. A bit of glitter won't hurt. Oh, and E.T. could make a special guest appearance in my movie too.



Day Two:
Angelina Jolie. Because she a total babe and she rocks! Oh, and maybe I could ask for her to bring along her supposedly-other-half Brad Pitt too, so that'd be killing 2 stars with one dinner, wouldn't it? Not cheating. Fair is fair, the invitation's extended to the other half*. Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

* Terms & Conditions apply. They both have to be superstars. And good-looking. And... whatever.


Day Three:
Orlando Bloom**. If I could be a famous writer in this parallel world, then he'll be my swashbuckling hubby. He can prance around in tights, bows and arrows for all I care (re: Legolas), and no matter what people say, he's a better curly brunette than he is a straight-haired blonde. Look at those eyes! The charm! The smile! Swoon... Muah muah muah!

**I would've picked Heath Ledger, but too bad that guy's already taken. With a baby too.


And whom would you choose for your dinner party?


Technorati: